Tag Archives: high intensity
Burn Fat, Lose Weight & Get into the Best Shape of Your Life with “Fast Burn 30” – High Intensity Interval Training
Fast Burn 30 is an effective scientifically proven method for burning fat, developing muscle tone and improving athletic performance – Fast!
Only $8 per Class
Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-5 pm (Group A) & 5-5:30 pm (Group B), Tuesday & Thursday mornings 11-11:45 am Ã‚Â (Group C) and Saturdays 1-1:45 pm (Groups A, B & C).
Space is limited to 6 participants per Group on Mondays and Wednesdays. Pay per class by clicking the “Register Now” link above.
What is Fast Burn 30?
Fast Burn 30 uses an exercise methodology known asÃ‚Â High Intensity Interval TrainingÃ‚Â which utilizes short and intense workouts in order to burn fat. HIIT sessions can vary from 9Ã¢â‚¬â€œ30 minutes and is considered to be an excellent way to maximize a workout that is limited on time.
Several scientific studies have shown thatÃ‚Â High IntensityÃ‚Â Short Workouts can have the same if not better results than traditional aerobic type exercises (e.g. Treadmill, Jogging, Bicycling etc.) in much less time. Long aerobic type workouts have traditionally been recognized as being the best method to reduce fat. HIIT is somewhat counterintuitive in this regard, but has nonetheless been shown to burn fat more effectively.Ã‚Â One theory suggests that HIIT may boost your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is a measure of how fast your body metabolizes food or fuel sources (like glycogen & fat into energy. Obviously the higher your BMR the faster you will lose fat (you will become and best of all, your BMR remains high even between workout sessions.
Baltimore Martial Arts Academy 6565 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, MD 21228
Looking for a map?
Cardio Aerobics is Counter Productive to your Health
Most people think that running on treadmill or doing “Cardio” aerobics is good for losing weight and for improving health. This may be true to a degree, but new scientific evidence suggests that this approach is becoming outdated and that “Cardio” exercise could actually be detrimental to your metabolism and that there are better ways to lose weight and improve your health.
Six Reasons Why Aerobic Work is Counterproductive by Keith Alpert, Strength Coach from Boston
- Continuous aerobic work plateaus after 8 weeks of training so anything more is counterproductive.
- Aerobic training worsens power locally and systemically Ã¢â‚¬â€œ in other words, it can make you slower.
- Aerobic training increases oxidative stress which can accelerate aging.
- Aerobic training increases adrenal stress which can make you fatter and produce other undesirable health consequences
- Aerobic training increases body fat in stressed individuals by contributing additional stress.
- Aerobic training worsens testosterone/cortisol ratio which impedes your ability to add fat burning lean muscle.
For more in depth information about Aerobics and why Cardio is counterproductive please click HERE.
High Intensity Interval Training
High Intensity Interval Training (HITT) is exercise close to or at one’s maximum ability for short durations of time (e.g. 10-30 seconds). HITT workout sessions typically last from 5-30 minutes. Ã‚Â High Intensity Interval Training is scientifically proven to help people lose weight, tone muscle and improve their health.
Our Fast Burn 30 group Kettlebell Classes at Baltimore martial Arts are 30 minute classes of high intensity interval exercises that are specifically designed to engage your bodies energy systems which will help you maximize fat loss, increase muscle tone and get in the best shape of your life.
- Do you have a limited amount of time to invest in exercise?
- Is your time valuable?
- Do you want to make the most of your time?
- Do you eat enough and get enough sleep?
- Are you stressed?
- Are you bored of your regular workout routine?
- Would you like to lose some extra weight and get toned muscles?
If you answered yes to any of the following questions you should look into our Fast Burn 30 minute high intensity group kettlebell classes at Baltimore Martial Arts and Fitness. See FAST BURN 30